Online Creative Writing Course starting 6 February
Have you always wanted to write – a novel, a short story, a memoir – but never got beyond the first few pages?
You might have written the book you’ve always dreamed about, but know there’s something about it that doesn’t feel quite right…
Perhaps you feel daunted, nervous to take the first step, scared of failure?
How will you get past your writer’s block?
What if you just want to exercise your creativity in a safe space?
Our ten module online creative writing course with novelist Jo-Anne Richards
and scriptwriter Richard Beynon begins 6 February 2017
- The course is run through our online network and is designed to be completed within ten weeks.
- We’ll release a new module every week. It should take between two to four hours to complete each week’s work.
- Practical exercises to do in your own time
- Each module ends in an assignment, to which we recommend you give no more than thirty minutes.
- You will receive personal constructive feedback and support from Richard or Jo-Anne on every assignment.
Each of the modules tackles a key skill and challenges participants with carefully crafted writing exercises and assignments.
The skills focused on are:
- Finding your Voice
- Ideas: where to find and develop them
- Building characters
- Building the narrative
- Writing scenes
- Point of view
- Writing dialogue
- Beginnings, middles and ends
- Creating suspense
- Showing, not telling
Jo-Anne and Richard will help you realise your writing dreams by teaching you the essential writing skills needed to write your book or short story.
All About Writing’s experienced teachers will help you improve your creative writing in a safe and supportive environment.
Receive full individual feedback on ten assignments. Interact with a friendly community of fellow writers.
Satisfy your hunger for creative expression whether, you have serious writing ambitions or simply want to explore your creativity.