A Basic Guide to Writing Romantic Fiction
Our 10-module Basic Guide will introduce you to everything you need to know about writing romance. We’ll discuss what romance is, who your readers are and what expectations they have of you.
We’ll also equip you with all the basic writing skills you need to write a novel:
• Creating believable characters.
• Showing off your characters – what they’re like and who they are – without reams of explanation.
• Revealing your characters’ pasts, without boring your readers to tears.
• Writing authentic dialogue.
• Building a story, with both conflict and romance.
• Maintaining suspense.
• Writing a good climax and resolution, while keeping the tension taut.
• Structuring your story and keeping up the pace.
• Writing love scenes.
• Choosing the best possible viewpoint.
• Creating a world for your characters to live in – setting and background.
Modules should be done one per week but you can also work at your own pace. Each will end with an exercise. We will respond to each with helpful and constructive advice.
Costs and booking details
Payment is possible via EFT in South African Rands – R 5000 or via PayPal in US$ at the exchange rate on the day of invoicing.
Use this currency convertor to convert to other currencies.
To register for this course please contact us via email – we’ll send you the booking form which includes payment details.