Monday Writing Motivation: Ten things every writer should know
- Writing is rewriting.
- The first idea is not necessarily the best idea.
- Your protagonist must want something – badly.
- Writing is not the best way to prepare financially for old age.
- Writing is the best way to prepare emotionally for old age.
- Details make story memorable, not plot devices.
- Less is more.
- When emotions run hot, writers write cool.
- Story flows from character, not character from story.
- Love your characters. Love especially your bad characters.