Win a free writing assessment with our April/May Flash Fiction Challenge
All About Writing’s latest flash fiction challenge offers the winner a literary assessment on 5000 words of writing worth R 2900 / £ 170 or a voucher to the same value to use on one of our courses or programmes.
Write a piece of flash fiction inspired by a favourite movie quote.
Please include the movie and the quote in your entry.
Write no more than 250 words. Submit your entry here or paste your entry into the form below by midnight on 31 May 2023.
- Do not “tell” us what happens. “Show” it to us, second by second.
- Allow us to experience it, in all its sensory detail. Use sight, sound, smell, feel and, possibly taste.
- Show us, in a scene, using action, dialogue, thought and observed detail.
- Don’t use thought in an obvious way. Make sure any scraps you use sound like natural thought in the moment, rather than explanation.
- Allow the tension and uncertainty to rise. Make sure we’re desperate to know more.