Welcome, we’re delighted you’ve signed up to our twenty day Indispensable Guide to Creative Writing course. you can start immediately.
Lesson one will land in your inbox in the next few minutes! From now on in you’ll receive a fresh lesson in you inbox every weekday.
Each lesson includes practical advice and writing exercises.
The course is designed to refresh your creative writing skills, and hone your craft.
We hope you’ll find it useful, motivating and fun too.
The course will cover:
- How to develop your voice
- Journalling techniques to improve your writing appreciably
- How to develop your ideas and take them to the next level
- Techniques to develop your characters
- The importance of story
- When to use scenes and how to write a good scene
- Why you should use dialogue and tips on how to write it
- The basic principles of point of view
- Where to begin
- How to draw your readers through the narrative
- What exactly is literary conflict and why you need it
- Why showing not telling is still a valid proposition
- The importance of detail
If you’re new to All About Writing, you’ll receive Richard’s Monday Motivation for writers. We hope it will help keep you motivated to write every week.
It includes a link to Jo-Anne’s regular Wednesday writing secrets blog which aims to help you with common writing problems.
We send out a monthly newsletter includes our regular writing challenge – please do give it a bash, it’s good writing practice and we always offer a course or a literary assessment as a prize.