Here’s how the Writing Workshops work:
- We’ll meet at 7:00pm.
- The workshop will be run by novelist Jo-Anne Richards and/or scriptwriter Richard Beynon.
- We will kick off by tackling a writing exercise specifically designed by Jo-Anne or Richard to focus on a particular writing skill.
- We’ll then, for half an hour or so, discuss the different ways in which you might have responded to our challenge, with reference to some of your writing.
- The second part of the evening is devoted to a discussion regarding publishing, editing or an authors experience. We often invite a guest or expert to add spice to the evening.
- The conversation that follows will be entirely guided by you and your questions and comments.
- At about 9:00 or 9:30pm we’ll call it a night (of course, it’s entirely possible that you’ll want to linger a little longer to continue exploring ideas with each other), and send you home to dream dreams of writing that fine novel, short story or screenplay that you just know you have in you!
- All for the price of just R250, payable in advance.
- Please contact us via email to book your place and for the banking details.
- We’ll serve snacks, wine, coffee and soft drinks
- We’ll have to limit the number of participants, of course – but we’re thinking of making up boisterous groups of up to 20.
If you’re interested in attending, contact Trish via email to book your place.