Our Saturday workshops are conducted in a spirit of fun, by people who find joy in creative endeavour. This will be a safe space for like-minded people to practise their creativity. All comment will be – according to our motto – honest but kind.
We’ll run the workshop via Zoom and it will consist of:
- A brief discussion on an aspect of writing
- A writing prompt
- Writing time
- Participants will read out their writing and receive immediate feedback on it – or not if they aren’t keen
- Places will be limited to 12
- Facilitators: Richard Beynon and/or Jo-Anne Richards with possible guests
- Date – 5 December. UK time 9am – 11:30. SA time 11:00 – 13:30
- Cost ZAR 325 each £20
Jo-Anne Richards is an internationally published novelist with a PhD in Creative Writing from Wits University. Her first novel, The Innocence of Roast Chicken, was originally published by Headline Review in the UK, and has recently been rereleased as one of the prestigious Picador Africa Classics collection. She ran the Honours programme in Journalism & Media Studies at Wits University for fifteen years.
Richard Beynon is an award-winning film and television scriptwriter with a long and accomplished career in the local industry. He has written for – or headed the writing teams of – many of country’s most popular soaps from Isidingo to Scandal and S’gudi S’naysi. He is currently working on the Isibaya writing team.