This is what you’ve always wished for – an escape from your busy life, from cell phones, children and partners … To think. To day-dream. To be creative. Most importantly, to write.
Join us on our weekend Writing Retreat at Temenos, in McGregor in the Western Cape. The weekend promises a creative boost to get your writing going, to re-ignite a stalled project or push it forward substantially.
We’ll schedule stimulating seminars on writing process, but you’ll have plenty of time to do your own writing too. Novelist Jo-Anne Richards and screen and scriptwriter Richard Beynon will be constantly on hand to prompt, mentor and critique participants.
Who is it for?
- Anyone who hopes to unlock their creative talents in a structured, friendly and encouraging environment.
- Writers who want some uninterrupted writing time with a little writerly camaraderie thrown in.
What will it do for you?
- It will provide you with motivation and a gentle push – or a big push if you choose.
- The seminars will stimulate your creativity and encourage discussion and debate.
Why do it?
- To give yourself 48 hours (or more if you wish) of uninterrupted writing time with all your needs taken care of.
- No meals to prepare, no dishes to wash, no one else to consider.
When is it?
Friday 24 March to Sunday 26 March 2017
How the retreat will work:
- Arrival any time from 2pm on Friday. You are welcome to book additional nights before (and after) the retreat.
- We’ll schedule one-on-one sessions on Friday afternoon.
- We’ll officially start the weekend with a writing practice seminar on Friday evening at about 6pm.
- We’ll have another writing practice seminar after breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
- We will provide optional five-finger writing exercises for limbering up. For participants who have no particular project, we’ll provide writing assignments.
- After the morning seminar you will be free to write for the rest of the morning, or beyond.
- Jo-Anne and Richard will be on hand for mentoring and motivation and to give you feedback on your writing.
- We’ll meet at tea or lunch to catch up with how everyone is doing.
- You’ll have more writing time in the afternoons and evenings.
- Departure 4pm on Sunday 26 March, or stay Sunday night for free. And do consider adding on another night or two before or after the retreat (subject to availability) to do a little more writing.
Single : R 5 200
Sharing: R 4 800
Non-writer sharing: R 2 250
Price includes three writing practice seminars and three one-on-one mentoring sessions, accommodation for Friday 24 March and Saturday 25 March (and Sunday 26 March), two suppers, one lunch, two breakfasts, morning and afternoon teas and coffees
Venue – Temenos, McGregor, Western Cape
We’d love you to join us on what we hope with be a peaceful and productive retreat!
Contact email@example.com to sign up today.