Start your own travel blog
You might have cancelled your pony trekking expedition to Ulaanbaatar, but you’re still burning to write a decent blog about your conquest of a tributary of the Orinoco…
Travel writing’s an art – but one that can be learned.
Over a two-day workshop, Fred de Vries, author of eight non-fiction books on travel and music (among other things) will mentor you as you write a memorable travel piece, show you how to create your own blog site from scratch – and baptize it by uploading your first travel blog.
All in one weekend. All without shedding a drop of blood or donning your face mask. You can enroll for the writing day, the blogging day – or both, depending on your existing skills and needs.
- Start the day with a group session
- Discuss how the workshop will work, and receive guidelines on what makes a good travel piece from Fred
- Participants pitch their travel blog idea and receive feedback from Fred
- Discuss possible images and links.
- Writing time
- Group receives writing feedback from Fred
- Editing and writing time
- Feedback session with editing tips
- Writing time. Complete second drafts
- Short wrap up session
- Group technical session with our technical/blog expert
- Create your on blog site on Blogger with step-by-step guidance from our technical expert
- Participants post their first travel blog
- Technical help will be on hand all day
- We look at all the blog posts and participants receive writing feedback from Fred, and comment and tips from our technical/blog expert
- Individual editing time
- Final group session looking at the finished blog posts
Please contact us if you’d like to join this course in the future.