Jump-start your journey to writing success
You don’t have to spend 20 years learning to be the best writer you can be.
Our flagship Creative Writing Course contains everything we wish we’d known when we were starting out as writers – and you can start your writing journey on 6 February.
What will you learn from us?
In ten modules, we’ll give you the benefit of our decades of writing and mentoring experience – where we succeeded and where we failed – along with advice from the best the world has to offer.
Every module will provide you with solutions to the problems you face every day you sit down to write.
Who should do the course?
We designed the course both for beginners and for those writers who have enough experience to understand how much they still have to learn.
- This is the course for those who don’t know where to start, as well as those who started, got stuck, and don’t understand why.
- This is the course for writers who would like to develop their craft and become more than just average writers.
Will I become a better writer?
We can prove it works. In the fifteen years since we first offered it, over 50 books have been published by past participants.
Available live in real time via Zoom
The next real-time Creative Writing Course will start on Monday 6 February.
- We’ll meet on Zoom on Monday and Thursday evenings for five weeks from 16h00 to 19h00/19h30 (UK time) / 18h00 to 21h00/21h30 (South African time), finishing on Thursday 9 March.
- We’ll present the module, invite questions and discussion, and ask you to write an assignment in 30 minutes.
- We’ll discuss your work and give you instant and comprehensive feedback.
- You’ll receive comprehensive notes for each module and access to a recording of each session, should you miss a class or to refer to in the future.
- We keep the numbers very small so that each person receives personal feedback in every class.
Sign up soon. Because of the limited places, it books up fast.
Available online as well – take advantage of our flash sale
For one week only, get a massive 25% off our Online Creative Writing Course. The sale ends on 26 January. Don’t miss out.
- The content is the same as the live course, but the teaching mode is different.
- The online course allows participants to work at their own speed and in their own time through modules which are released over ten weeks – part 1 on Monday and part 2 on Wednesday.
- The final module will be released in the week of 10 April.
The online course will also kick off on 6 February.
Alternatively, you can do the online course over ten months – with a module released every month. Start when it suits you.
Change your life with our nurturing course
But don’t take it from us. Here’s what a couple of former participants had to say:
“If you want to be let into the best secrets about the art of writing and share time with the loveliest people imaginable, then All About Writing is for you … It’s a great privilege to learn from such talented people and have fun at the same time.” Clare, London
“With a PhD in Creative Writing one could say I didn’t need another writing course. This was not the case. The All About Writing course taught me more about the elements of creative writing (plot, structure, dialogue, characterisation, story) than nine years at university and my other writing courses combined.” Keryn, Gold Coast Australia
“… this course has changed lives. There are few things in life that I reckon can lay claim to this honour. Jo-Anne and Richard have (almost … they can’t write the whole book for you!) all the answers in their wonderful, warm, nurturing and “growing” writing courses.” Ingrid, Cape Town
“The course taught me more about writing than my four-year degree in journalism and built my confidence in it more effectively too. So grateful for the experience.” Daniella, Johannesburg
Cost; from £40 / R 695 per month
We’d love you to jump start your writing journey with us!
Enrol now via our South African shop or our UK shop.
Not sure if the Creative Writing Course is right for you? You are welcome to call or WhatsApp either Trish on +44 7453 719 465 or Jo-Anne on +27 82 453 2591 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org