You’re invited: Stow-on-the-Wold Writing Weekend
We invite you to join us to explore the mysteries and the craft of creating story with a group of like-minded souls in that most charming of Cotswold market towns, Stow-on-the-Wold.
The wide-ranging programme will include discussions, writing time, mentoring, prompts for writers without a project, and tightly focused sessions on particular writing skills.
Use the weekend as a way of recharging your creative batteries or to accelerate your current writing project.
How will the weekend work?
We’ll be based at Benfield, an authentic Cotswolds cottage in Sheep Street. The weekend will be co-hosted by All About Writing and, Lindy Price, owner of Benfield.
Participants can book their own accommodation at one of the many wonderful options available in the town.
- 16:00 to 19:00: afternoon/evening session at Benfield
- Followed by dinner and discussions about all things literary.
- 09:00 to 17:00: full day of group sessions, writing time and one-on-one meetings at Benfield.
- There will be a little bit of “theory”, a dash of brainstorming – and writing (with feedback) all the way.
- Lunch break in the town which offers an opportunity for a bit of exploration and a writing exercise on the hoof.
- In the evening, we’ll meet for dinner at a local restaurant.
- 09:00 to 13:00 – group sessions, writing time and one-on-one meetings at Benfield.
- Lunch and a final exercise at Benfield before we cast off our writers’ mantles (if that’s possible after 48 hours of creative excitement) and scatter.
The cost is £325 and includes:
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Friday evening drinks and dinner
- Sunday lunch