Last chance – 20% off our Screenwriting Course – ends midnight 16 February
This is your last chance to get a massive 20% discount on our Crash Course in Screenwriting, starting 27 February.
- This ten-module course will lay a foundation of understanding of the range of key skills you need to write a script.
- It will excite you about the infinite possibilities of writing for the screen.
- Screenwriting skills are invaluable tools that can apply to fiction writing and memoir writing, playwriting, and documentary making.
- It will deepen your understanding of and appreciation for film and television drama by revealing the secrets that attend the birth of tv and film drama.
- If you’re already a television professional, then it’ll give you insight into the challenges and potential of creative screenwriting.
The course isn’t only for screenwriters, though
Novelists and memoirists can learn a great deal from the particular crafts and storytelling tools we’ll give you – in terms of character development, dialogue and story development.
How the course works
We’ve called it a crash course because you’ll be driven through two modules a week for five weeks. Our carefully calibrated notes will introduce you to one essential aspect of the craft at a time – and culminate with an assignment to bed down your new understanding. Your two course facilitators will give you comprehensive feedback on every assignment.
Those facilitators are two of the most experienced writers in the country. Michéle Rowe has written scores of television and film scripts, and more recently has written award-winning crime fiction. Richard Beynon, past head writer of local soaps Isidingo, Scandal and Isibaya, has written hundreds of scripts for television, and a number of screenplays, one of which received Emmy nominations for performances by Michael Caine and Sydney Poitier.
This could be the most exhilarating five-week journey of your life.