Want to learn the story-telling template used by great screenwriters like George Lucas? Join our Hero’s Journey course today.
Run by seasoned screenwriters and storytellers, Richard Beynon and Michele Rowe, our Hero’s Journey® Writing Course takes the storytelling model developed by Joseph Campbell and used by great writers and storytellers such as George Lucas and applies it to the challenges all writers face when they set out to write their stories – whether they’re short stories, novels, works of creative non-fiction, or screenplays.
You will learn the twelve stages of the Hero’s Journey® model in eight live sessions over Zoom. Each session will introduce you to an aspect of the Hero’s Journey® template and will include examples from short stories, novels and works of non-fiction, plus links to video clips and scripts available online as well as writing prompts to help you apply and develop your skills. You will receive immediate feedback from Richard and Michele.
How the Hero’s Journey® Course can benefit you?
- It provides a practical structure to storytelling that can help those who yearn to write but feel unsure of how to develop their ideas into a workable story.
- It will help those who are unsure of how to proceed with their ideas.
- You will receive guidance and feedback from two highly experienced screenwriters and storytellers.
- You will become part of a supportive community that will help you develop your skills and confidence in writing.
How the course is structured
- Course notes will be released every week.
- The notes are followed by eight live sessions held on Wednesdays via Zoom.
- The module one live session will be on Wednesday 24 August at 17:30 UK time / 18:30 South Africa time.
- The final session will be on Wednesday 12 October.
The Hero’s Journey® and any copyrighted material authored by Joseph Campbell are used under license from the Joseph Campbell Foundation (www.jcf.org)