Tune In: August/September Flash Fiction Challenge
All About Writing’s latest writing challenge offers the winner a literary assessment on 5000 words of writing worth R 2750 / £ 150 or a voucher to the same value to use on one of our courses or programmes.
Write a piece of flash fiction (no more than 250 words) inspired by a favourite song. Be sure to include the name of the song and the artist in your entry.
Paste your entry into the body of an email and send to email@example.com by midnight on 30 September.
- Do not “tell” us what happens. “Show” it to us, second by second.
- Allow us to experience it, in all its sensory detail. Use sight, sound, smell, feel, and possibly taste.
- Show us, in a scene, action, dialogue, thought and observed detail.
- Don’t use thought in an obvious way. Make sure any scraps of thought sound like natural thought in the moment, rather than an explanation.
- Allow the tension and uncertainty to rise. Make sure we’re desperate to know more.