Hocus Pocus: Win a voucher to our courses with our December/January Flash Fiction Challenge
All About Writing’s latest writing challenge offers the winner a literary assessment on 5000 words of writing worth R 2750 / £ 150 or a voucher to the same value to use on one of our courses or programmes.
For our latest challenge, you’ll need to try on your witch’s hat – write a spell! It can be “A spell for the one I hate” or “A spell for the one I love”. (The “I” can be you yourself, or a character). You’ll need 5 ingredients and a method.
Write no more than 250 words. Paste your entry into the form below no later than midnight on 31 January 2021.
- Through the choices of your character, try to give us some sense of who they are, what they want and why.
- Try to be a little oblique. Don’t be obvious or clichéd.
- Don’t be predictable. Try to surprise us.
- Be very specific. Details ground us in reality and show us more about your characters.
- Use restraint. Don’t explain too much.
* With a nod to Rahla Xenopoulos, who inspired this prompt idea