Turn your idea into a script that producers will drool over
All About Writing provides aspirant script and screenwriters with both the skills and advice they’ll need to turn good ideas (we’ll even help you with those!) into the sorts of stories that producers drool over.
From our self-guided mini-courses on writing compelling and believable dialogue, and creating vivid and memorable characters, to our crash course in all the skills involved in writing scripts, to our intensive kickstart programme, that walks you through the process of writing a saleable outline, we give you that necessary boot in the bum that we all sometimes need.
And when you’re ready, we offer a month-by-month mentoring programme to turn your outline into a scintillating script.
- Creating Character for Screenwriters is an online mini-course which will give you all the pointers you’ll need to build a memorable character.
- Dialogue for Screenwriters consists of six mini-modules that will give the foundation you need to write credible dialogue.
- Our Screenwriting Crash Course is a 10 module online course will teach you the essential elements that make up a screenplay: how to tell a great story, how to develop compelling characters, and rules of plotting and structure. Suitable for beginners.
- A clear well-structured outline is the key to any successful screenplay. In our Kickstart your Screenplay course we walk you through the skills, techniques and strategies involved in turning an idea into a workable outline with extensive feedback. This is a professional level course and some film industry or writing experience essential.
- We also offer Screenwriting Mentoring. Our Mentoring Programme provides one-on-one coaching on any film or television project, whether developing an idea or writing the script.
Please click here for more information.
Michéle Rowe is a scriptwriter who has worked primarily as a head writer and story originator for television and film. Projects Michéle has originated, written or directed have been nominated for or won various awards, including an Oscar documentary and International Emmy nomination. At present she works as a script editor, teaches screenwriting and is completing her third novel for Penguin. She has a Master’s Degree in Creative Writing from the University of Cape Town.
Richard Beynon is a story consultant and award-winning film and television scriptwriter with a long and accomplished career in the industry. He has written for – or headed the storytelling teams of – many of country’s most popular soaps, dramas and comedies. These include S’gudi snaysi, Going Up, Soul City, Isidingo, Scandal, Rhythm City and Isibaya. He has lectured on writing for film and television at Wits.
With Michéle and Richard’s many decades of professional writing, film industry and teaching experience you’ll be in very capable hands.